mardi 9 décembre 2008

a little bit of fluff,

if you know me at all
you know im not perfect
[i'm far from it]

and you know i have this constant need to be the best
to be the only one...
ok im not making sense here

what i'm trying to say is,
if theres a thing i like,
i like to be the only one who likes it
if theres a thing i have,
i like to be the only one who has it,
if theres a word i like to say,
i like to be the only one who says it
[ok i'm willing to bend a bit over this one ;p]

So it really ANNOYS me to unbelievably huge proportions
that TWILIGHT is on everyone's lips nowadays
ok im not saying im the ONLY one who read the book
[im not that self-centered u know ;p]
but it is quite QUITE irritating how its suddenly this big phenomena
[believe me i was like this when " I Captured the Castle" became a movie as well as the remake of "HAIRSPRAY]

little girls are gushing over Edward Cullen
[or giggling in the cinema, as Mus'ab puts it]
and TWILIGHT TWILIGHT TWILIGHT is all I hear nowadays
either people like it or they dont
and it doesnt matter whether u like it or u dont
[because personally, i disagree with the casting as well,
Henry Cavill would have made a much more drool-worthy Edward Cullen!]
its STILL ON EVERYONE'S LIPS!

to be honest,
I guess a source of my frustrations is the fact that its not out yet in Les Royaume-Unis
Thus I have not had the privilege[if u can call it that] to watch it yet
And even with all the crappy reviews,
Im still dying to watch it,
as I always do with all my other novels-turn-movies
[By the way, do u notice there is a trend for the movies to be fairly disappointing when compared to the novels?]

So there u go,
another honest ranting

On that note, heres another movie I await with breathless anticipation:

"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"

also inspired by a short story
written by F.Scott Fitzgerald
u know, author of "The Great Gatsby"
[ Now theres another novel I hold in fond memories - Jay Gatsby will always have a piece of my heart!]

the castings not too bad with the likes of Brad Pitt, Cate Blanchett, and Julia Ormond
Have a look at the trailer
The storyline is exactly the kind of whimsical tale that I love so much :)





Other than that,
"The Picture of Dorian Gray" is another interesting movie to look out for
the book was written by the infamous Oscar Wilde [ of the grave-kissing in Paris *wink*wink*]
and guess whos gonna be Dorian Gray?
Ben Barnes himself!
So sue me if I think he's dishy,hes adorable in "Easy Virtue" :))

So thats something to look forward to as well ;))

Till then,my love
Im gonna cook me up some food.

Ciao Ciao!

4 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Good ranting. Great blog. Yes, if only Henry looked 17 still he would have been the perfect Edward but alas the boy has turned into a man. Best regards. Alexis Mei
www.alexismei.blogspot.com

Iman Kamarudin a dit…

Haha!
thats true
unfortunately, hes just not edward cullen material anymore :(
Thanks for your comments and thoughts :)

Christian Girl in Harrods a dit…

EH IT LOOKS SOOOOO INTERESTING, ok it's going to my MUST-WATCH list!!! :D Thanksssss miss mengada!!!

Anonyme a dit…

shopaholic movie version pon really disappointing!!! ;(