lundi 5 février 2007

the rainbow connection

this song kan
is totally my theme song
"The Rainbow Connection" by Kermit the Frog
yeap,it figures kan
just my luck to hav a theme song by a frog
albeit a very FAMOUS frog :)
plus i love frogs kan?
how many pictures of katak tergantung on my wall wut :p

Anyways,this song was originally performed by Kermit in the muppet movie in 1979
And it became so famous that lotsa singers did a cover of the song
singers like sarah mclachlan,the Carpenters,Jason Mraz and even Justin Timberlake
the song was even nominated at the Academy Awards and at Golden Globes for "Best Original Song"

And i dunno
theres just something abt the song that just screams to me
It tells my life story ooh as well as feeds my deepest desire to believe that dreams really do come true
even the impossible ones :)
Hav a look at the lyric and tell me u dont feel optimistic just by readin it
and tell me it doesnt just scream foolish whimsical ME :)

THE RAINBOW CONNECTION
Why are there so many songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions,
And rainbows have nothing to hide.
So we've been told and some choose to believe it
I know they're wrong, wait and see.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers and me.

Who said that every wish would be heard and answered
when wished on the morning star?
Somebody thought of that
and someone believed it,
and look what it's done so far.
What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing?
And what do we think we might see?
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
the lovers, the dreamers and me.

All of us under its spell,
we know that it's probably magic....

Have you been half asleep
and have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name.
Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailors?
The voice might be one and the same.
I've heard it too many times to ignore it.
It's something that I'm supposed to be.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
the lovers, the dreamers and me



oh if u wanna hear the song for urself,click on Kermit :)

2 commentaires:

hudzaifah a dit…

i havent listen to the song. but as i read the lyric, isnt that life? its what make people move. from day to day. hoping that dreams come true. whatever it is.

Iman Kamarudin a dit…

yeap
true true
but some ppl kan dah cynical abt life
and think that dreams dont come true
thats REALITY
basically d song is prolly bout being optimistic lah
and u know no one does optimism better than children
and avfew adults lah ;)